How many property developers are in London?
Despite being the largest metropolis in the country, London is still rapidly growing and expanding its borders. With an ever-changing skyline, the capital of the United Kingdom never ceases to amaze its visitors with new ambitious projects that encourage world-class real estate developers to leave their own mark in the bustling city. Currently, there are 196 property developers that have 408 developments in London listed on Korter.
What do property developers do?
Property development companies are responsible for all activities involved in developing real estate, from conceiving ideas on paper to making them a reality. Their area of expertise can range from renovation projects to constructing new buildings from scratch. Apart from a wide array of activities involved in their work, such as site evaluation, design, planning, and construction, real estate developers must comply with the certified timeframes and abide by all building standards and requirements.
How can I find a house builder in London?
If typing in ‘property developers near me’ in a search engine has left you empty-handed, you can try searching for a house builder on Korter. Here, you can find the best developers in London as well as some details about them, coupled with comprehensive lists of their projects. The portfolios let you form your own opinion on the developers and choose the one that’s right for you. If you don’t know where to begin, a good starting point would be to check the list of top house builders in London to see if there is a company that meets your requirements.
Top House Builders in London
- Berkeley Group is a British property developer and house-builder based in Cobham, England. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. The main office is located in Cobham, England. The company was initially called Berkeley Homes. It was founded by Tony Pidgley and Jim Farrer in Weybridge in 1976.
- Barratt Developments PLC is a property development company operating across England, Wales and Scotland. At the very beginning, the company was established in 1958 as Greensitt Bros. Later, Sir Lawrie Barratt assumed control. The house builder boasts extensive expertise in land acquisition and planning, design, construction, sales, and marketing. The company was headquartered in Newcastle upon Tyne early in its history, but today it is settled in Coalville, Leicestershire, where David Wilson's former office was. Starting from 1968, Barratt Developments PLC has been listed on the London Stock Exchange. The company is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
- Notting Hill Genesis (NHG) is a housing association formed in April 2018 by the merger of Notting Hill Housing and Genesis Housing Association. Notting Hill Genesis’ primary purpose is to work in the community to provide decent and affordable homes for lower-income households. It is one of the largest housing associations in South East England. It owns around 55,000 properties in London and a further 9,000 in the home counties and East Anglia, housing about 170,000 people.
- Peabody Group is genuinely the oldest home builder. The company's properties now form a regular part of the London skyline. The developer's portfolio includes more than 66,000 houses, making it one of the largest housing suppliers in the capital and the southeast. Peabody Group provides services to over 133,000 residents, 18,000 care and support clients, and the many communities it operates in.
- L&Q Homes is a London-based charitable housing association founded in 1962. The company is considered one of the most successful independent social businesses in the United Kingdom. Focused on property developments throughout London and the South East, L&Q has over 95,000 homes that accommodate about 250,000 people.
- Bellway is a property development company established in 1946 as a small family business. It has grown significantly throughout the years to become one of the most successful developers in the United Kingdom, employing nearly 3,000 people at the moment. Nevertheless, the company has preserved its core values from the first days of existence to create superb-quality homes in meticulously selected locations that cater to real people's needs.
- Countryside Properties is a UK housebuilding and urban regeneration company, operating in London and the South East of England, and with a presence in the North West of England through its Partnerships division. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
- Galliard Homes is a British residential property developer based in Loughton. Operating across London and the Home Counties, Galliard Homes is the capital's largest privately owned residential property developer.
- Taylor Wimpey is one of the largest house building companies in the United Kingdom. Headquartered in High Wycombe, the home builder boasts a local presence across England, Scotland, and Wales with its 23 regional offices. The company was founded on the basis of Taylor Woodrow and George Wimpey on 3 July 2007.