London new build houses on Korter
Korter provides comprehensive information on a wide array of accommodations, ranging from premium apartments to cosy new build houses. The platform lets you make an educated decision no matter what kind of a property you are looking for.
Why do people choose new build houses in London?
There are a plethora of reasons why people purchase new houses in London. The city is an undeniable heart of the United Kingdom that bustles with multiple attractions and world-class amenities. Here are the most popular perks of acquiring a house in the capital:
- Variety. Although the first things that come to mind when people think of London are the City, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and the buzzing streets of the affluent districts, the capital is so much more than that. There are vast leafy areas, shielded from the hustle and bustle of the city centre, cosy suburbs, and quiet neighbourhoods, packed with period properties.
- Amenities. Whatever you need, London has it. Home to the main financial centres of the country, cultural hotspots, a wide array of cuisines, popular retail facilities, world-renowned educational institutions, and much more, the city’s infrastructure needs no introduction.
- Transport. With one of the largest urban public transport networks in the world, London boasts unrivalled international, national, and local connections. To get around the city, there are buses, Underground, rail services, Tramlink, the Docklands Light Railway, London River Services, and Emirates Air Line. In addition, the megapolis provides access to 6 major airports: London City, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton, London Stansted, and London Southend.
- Capital growth. The London real estate market has suffered some turbulence due to the Brexit and global pandemic. However, it’s expected to bounce back in the next two to three years, creating a perfect setting for smart investments. Even the current crisis aside, capital returns on London property have been impressive for a long time.
What are the most popular boroughs with new houses for sale in London?
Although there is a certain appeal to having a house in the bustling centre of the city, most people prefer acquiring new build houses away from the City and its noise. Therefore, the most popular boroughs for purchasing a new house are usually located in the suburban areas, surrounded by an abundance of lush greenery. Some of the most popular boroughs include:
- Enfield: London's most northern borough, Enfield provides a quiet sanctuary away from the stress of the City. It’s a perfect place to purchase a cosy townhouse and enjoy the vast canvas of the borough’s greenery as well as markets and shopping centres.
- Tower Hamlets: Nestled in the heart of East London, Tower Hamlets is an inner-city borough. One of the biggest boroughs in the city, Tower Hamlets offers a wide array of districts, ranging from Canary Wharf with its soaring skyscrapers and top-notch retail facilities to the down-to-earth community of Bethnal Green.
- Westminster: Located right in the heart of London, the City of Westminster is the best option for those who prefer living amidst buzzing streets, popular attractions, and bustling parks. Home to Buckingham Palace, the regal area is mostly dotted with premium houses.
What do you need to know before purchasing a house in London?
There are certain differences between purchasing an apartment and a house in London, including:
- Ownership type. Apartments are usually sold under a leasehold agreement, meaning that a buyer only owns the apartment but not the land on which it sits, while houses are sold under a freehold agreement, allowing you to own the land.
- Costs. Initially, the average cost of apartments is usually lower, compared to the one of a house. However, apartments come with ground rent payments and service charges. When you buy a house, the initial price tends to be higher, yet you’ll benefit from a higher potential for capital growth in the long run.
- Maintenance. Owning a house means that you are fully responsible for its maintenance, while apartment owners usually take advantage of the building’s maintenance team.
How to find new build houses in London?
Whether you’re looking for a small house, surrounded by leafy countryside, or a contemporary townhouse, placed in the bustling city centre, Korter can help you find your perfect home. It provides you with a convenient platform designated to finding the best options, depending on your wants and needs. You can filter your search results using different criteria, such as price and location.