Surrey new build houses on Korter
As part of the commuter belt, Surrey is bound to attract plenty of people that flee London to seek a calmer pace of life. The county offers a wide range of houses that you can find on Korter.
Why do people choose new build houses in Surrey?
Surrey is a picturesque county, generously dotted with charming towns and villages. Some of the reasons people are drawn to Surrey include:
- Nature: Surrey features more wooded areas than any other county in the United Kingdom, attracting numerous nature lovers. The famous Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is an undeniable gem of the county that endows it with open sandy heathland and beech woodlands. Having a cosy house, surrounded by an endless canvas of fields and hedgerows, is something plenty of people can only dream of. In addition, Surrey’s hidden gem is a beautiful canal system that complements the area’s lush greenery.
- Transport connectivity: Surrey benefits from a convenient motorway network streaking the county and connecting the area to London. In addition, the railway services make travelling around much easier, offering links to Reading, Gatwick, and central London.
- Top schools: If you’re looking for a quiet place away from the capital’s bustle to raise kids, Surrey might be one of the best options. The area boasts a wonderful selection of highly-ranked schools, ranging from independent institutions, such as Charterhouse and Tormead, to excellent state-funded options like Gordon's School and St John the Baptist School in Woking.
What are the most popular areas with new houses for sale in Surrey?
The majority of people relocating to Surrey prefers large towns like Woking. However, those who are into charming houses generally choose quieter areas. Some of the most popular settlements in Surrey are:
- Cobham: The large village is a perfect location to enjoy some countryside, coupled with amazing educational facilities, including state-run, independent, and private schools as well as colleges, accompanied by the University of Surrey.
- Windlesham: Nestled 25 miles southwest of central London, the tranquil village is perfect for families due to the area’s activity centres for family days out and a strong community.
- Leatherhead: For those who appreciate rich history and old architecture, the town presents an abundance of historical landmarks that create a unique atmosphere around it. Moreover, Leatherhead is generously peppered with lush greenery.
What do you need to know before purchasing a house in Surrey?
With such a big investment as a house, you can never be too prepared. The number of new build houses in Surrey keeps growing, so here are a couple of things you need to know before making a purchase:
- Ownership type. The main difference between acquiring an apartment and a house lies in ownership types. For the most part, apartments are available as leaseholds, meaning that you only own the apartment itself but not the land it occupies. Meanwhile, houses are generally sold under freehold agreements to include the land as well.
- Cost. Looking for a home, you’ll probably notice that apartments, in general, are cheaper than houses. However, it’s important to bear in mind that houses benefit from a higher potential for capital growth in the long run, meaning that, as long-term investments, houses provide more perks.
- Maintenance. If you’ve ever owned an apartment, you have probably dealt with a designated maintenance team. However, when you own a house, maintenance or any other work is your responsibility.
How to find new build houses in Surrey?
Looking for your dream house in Surrey may sound like a daunting task. However, equipped with the necessary tools, you have nothing to fear. To save you the hassle, Korter has already gone through all the trouble to present to you an easy and quick way to find your dream home. You just need to tweak your search filters and choose your perfect house.