Berkshire new build houses on Korter
Known as Royal Berkshire, the county provides an abundance of new build houses that let people live in close proximity to the Queen’s home. Equipped with all the necessary information, Korter allows you to explore a wide variety of new houses, scattered across Berkshire.
Why do people choose new build houses in Berkshire?
Berkshire is one the most popular areas for relocation. There are many reasons why people seem to be mesmerized by the county, including:
- Variety: The county offers strikingly different locations, ranging from tranquil rural villages, such as Cookham, to bustling towns like Reading and Maidenhead. Whether you prefer the peace and quiet of a countryside or a quicker pace of a city, Berkshire has got you covered. The county also provides access to some picturesque sceneries as well as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Connectivity: Berkshire is a popular location of choice for daily commuters, especially Reading, which allows you to reach London in less than 30 minutes. You can enjoy a slower pace of life while also taking advantage of the capital’s amenities and facilities.
- Royalty: If it’s good enough for the Queen, it must be good enough for everybody else, right? Named as the Royal County of Berkshire, it is home to the famous Windsor Castle, where Her Majesty has been spending the majority of her time lately.
What are the most popular towns with new houses for sale in Berkshire?
In Berkshire, you can find a wide array of settlements, including lively cities, historic market towns, and peaceful villages. Some of the most popular locations with new houses are:
- Reading: The most sought-after town among young professionals that choose to work in London as it benefits from excellent transport links. Reading also hosts one of the most popular music festivals in the world and boasts a collection of wonderful dining and shopping facilities.
- Cookham: The area is in demand thanks to its scenic location. Cookham is a perfect choice for those who dream of a picture-perfect village life away from the hustle and bustle of big cities. You can stumble upon celebrities, restaurants boasting Michelin stars, independent shops, and beautiful views.
- Slough: Recently, the town has become the most popular address among those who have decided to abandon London for a quieter life. One of the reasons Slough has gained the attention of so many people is affordability since house prices in the town are usually lower than in other areas of the county.
What do you need to know before purchasing a house in Berkshire?
Before looking for houses in Berkshire, there are a number of things you need to know, such as:
- Ownership type. It’s important to realize that the majority of apartments are sold under leasehold agreements that do not include the land that the buildings occupy. However, houses in Berkshire are generally available as freeholds, meaning that you also purchase the land on which your new house is perched.
- Cost. If you’re looking for new build houses in Berkshire, you need to be prepared that they are typically more expensive than apartments. Nevertheless, houses tend to result in higher returns on investment.
- Maintenance. When purchasing an apartment, you might expect that the building has its own maintenance team. However, owning a house, you are the one responsible for all the works that need to be done.
How to find new build houses in Berkshire?
Browsing through numerous houses in Berkshire might be exhausting. With your comfort in mind, Korter provides an excellent array of tools to help you find your dream home without any hassle. You can tweak your search filters for better results and see exactly how your future home will look like.