Berkshire new developments on Korter
Finding the right one among numerous new developments in Berkshire may seem like a tedious task. But Korter provides the necessary tools and information to make the process faster and easier.
What do you need to know about new developments in Berkshire?
The most important things to pay attention to when searching for new developments in Berkshire are location, ownership type, and stage of construction.
- Location: If you are looking for Berkshire new developments, it is important to decide whether you’d like to live in a cosmopolitan city or a small, picturesque village. Big cities, such as Reading, are perfect for daily commuters since they provide excellent transport links to central London, while peaceful towns attract those who need a change of pace, away from bustling streets.
- Ownership type: Berkshire new developments can be obtained in one of 2 ownership types: Freehold and Leasehold. When purchasing a freehold, the buyer becomes an owner of both property and the land it sits on. Meanwhile, leaseholds are available for a fixed period of time and only cover the property itself, meaning that there may be some additional fees such as ground rent.
- Construction progress: Advantages of buying an off-plan property in Berkshire include a lower price as well as significant capital growth by the time it is finished, making it a great opportunity to invest, as Berkshire has become a popular relocation county for people that seek to move out of London. However, purchasing a property while it’s still in the planning or construction stages comes with certain risks as well as additional time to wait until you can move into your new property.
Why buy an apartments in the new developments in Berkshire?
Those who are looking for new developments for sale in Berkshire usually find the county’s slower pace and stunning nature more appealing than the buzzing streets of the capital, seeing as more and more Londoners are moving to Berkshire.
Further benefits of relocating to the county include:
- Transport connections: Thanks to the close proximity to London and excellent rail and road links, Berkshire commuters can reach Paddington in 30 minutes from Reading while also enjoying the tranquil atmosphere of the county life. Moreover, Heathrow Airport is only a half-an-hour drive away from the town.
- Outdoor attractions: All nature lovers will be delighted to explore Berkshire’s beautiful open countryside and historic landmarks. Perfect for wildlife spotting, countless woods, heaths, natural reserves, and parks are scattered around the county. Some notable destinations include the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, California Country Park near Wokingham, and Wellington Country Park.
- Shopping and dining in Reading: One of the UK’s top ten retail destinations, Reading is packed with spectacular shopping options, including the amazing Oracle shopping complex. In addition, the town is known for splendid riverside restaurants.
- Education: Berkshire is home to some world-class educational institutions such as the famous Eton College and the University of Reading as well as a wide array of outstanding private schools.
What are the most popular districts with new developments in Berkshire?
The most in-demand locations in Berkshire are the ones that offer the best transport links to London.
Some of the most popular areas include:
- Reading: A 30-minute journey away from London Paddington, the town is a perfect choice for daily commuters. In addition, Reading provides plenty of dining and shopping facilities, coupled with the legendary Reading Festival, a music festival that attracts thousands of people every year.
- Windsor: Approved by Her Majesty the Queen, the area accommodates Windsor Castle, a royal residence steeped in history and one of the main attractions of the county. Apart from the royal connections, Windsor is known for its amazing collection of schools.
- Newbury: One of the most popular relocation towns in Berkshire, Newbury is an hour away from Paddington. The area offers a wide variety of housing options such as period semis, inter-war properties, and contemporary homes.
Where to find new developments in Berkshire?
Korter provides a convenient set of tools that make your search for new developments in Berkshire much easier. You can filter through the list of available properties using different aspects such as price and location.